01244 950 304

Compare Home Insurance
with UK based call centres

Home insurance with a maximum 5* Defaqto rating, tailor your cover by adding optional extras, e.g. accidental damage & cover away from the home.

01244 950 304

Start your quote

The two types of home insurance that you'd be wise to consider when living in the UK are buildings insurance and contents insurance. Here is a simple introduction below:

Buildings insurance

A buildings insurance policy, which is required by mortgage lenders, covers damage to the structure of your property as well as permanent fixtures and fittings. You are usually expected to cover your home for the rebuilding costs rather than the actual value of your home - this amount could differ significantly.

Buildings insurance typically covers you for fire, flood, water damage and other hazards - but it is worth checking with your insurer as to what is included in the policy. Buildings insurance is usually compulsory when applying for a mortage as this will cover the lenders investment.

Contents insurance

A contents insurance policy offers cover on the contents of your property, i.e anything non-permanent that could easily be removed from your home. If your belongings were lost or damaged by fire, flooding* or as a result of a break-in, your contents policy will cover this. You can insure your contents for any amount, some insurance companies will offer unlimited contents cover.

*Flood insurance usually covers damage from burst water pipes/water mains.  Some insurers may not cover flood damage caused by weather/storm damage, it is always best to check the terms and conditions of your policy.

Compare cheap home insurance quotes whatever your situation

There is home insurance available for specific situations, such as Unoccupied House Insurance, Insurance for Second Homes and Insurance for Holiday Homes.

Protect your belongings

As well as covering items within your property, your home insurance could also offer cover belongings that you carry around everyday.

Get your quote

Protect your home

Should your home become damaged and uninhabitable most home insurance policies will cover you for the cost of the rebuilding the whole property.

Get your quote

Make sure you're covered

Home Insurance may not cover you for all events such as landslides or flooding, this may require specialist insurance, so make sure you check the policy to ensure you have the exact cover you need.

Get your quote

How can we help you?

SoSmart Money are specialists when it comes to mortgage and insurance advice. Our trained expert advisers have access to the UK’s leading lenders and using their knowledge and skills will place you with the most suitable leader and product for your needs.

Speak to one of our experts for mortgage advice, life insurance cover, to protect your income, insurance your home or contents and private medical cover.

trust pilot

"Matthew at So Smart found me the best deal for my first Mortgage, he was extremely helpful! I would highly recommend this company!"

"I've been looking to switch mortgages recently to secure a better rate and the guys at So Smart Money helped me do just that."

"My mortgage enquiry was dealt with swiftly and professionally. I would highly recommend So Smart Money to others."

"I've used sosmartmoney a couple of times now, I checked my old mortgage with them and it encouraged me to get a better deal."


Winner of AI Finance awards 2015 for:
Best personal finance comparison site &
Best online price comparison platform

How it works

step 1 step 2 step 3

Our trusted brands

view more
saga.jpg BOI.gif CAM.gif FAM.gif CLY.gif BME.gif HEC.gif
BOI.gif BNC.gif NAP.gif ACC.gif ipswich_building_society.jpg BMO.gif BDA.gif CAN.gif BWO.gif BLF.gif m&s.gif BCH.gif CTS.gif BNR.gif axa.jpg BBV.gif chorley_building_society.jpg VBS.gif CAM.gif plusnet.jpg ageas.jpg ovo_energy.jpg amigo.gif o2.jpg the_mansfield_building_society.jpg YBS.gif HSB.gif MET.gif aqua.jpg vanquis.jpg tesco.jpg npower.gif CTE.gif carloans4u.jpg healthonline.jpg BAA.gif FID.gif BHI.gif NBS.gif LEE.gif BNW.gif TIP.gif bt.jpg capitalone.gif securetrust.gif BFU.gif HEC.gif ULS.gif fundingcircle.gif TBS.gif WBB.gif BHX.gif RBS.gif sainsburys.gif BME.gif aegon.gif progressive_building_society.jpg sse.jpg SBS.gif virgin.gif rsa.jpg FAM.gif BLH.gif TCO.gif barclaycard.gif BSA.gif zopa.jpg americanexpress.jpg scottish_power.jpg fidelity.gif market_harborough_building_society.jpg CLY.gif POS.gif sky.jpg CNW.gif saga.jpg BNT.gif scottish_building_society.jpg TSB.gif eon.gif clydesdale_bank.jpg uk-general.jpg BBS.gif lv.gif YOR.gif BPR.gif fluid.jpg bath_building_society.jpg
  • How do SoSmart Money make their money?
  • Which products can I compare with SoSmart Money?
  • Who are SoSmart Money?
  • What lenders do you compare?
  • Will I be contacted by other companies?

latest news View All News

Sign up to our newsletter